Prof. Dr. sc.techn. Andreas Herkersdorf
Technische Universität München
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Chair for Integrated Systems
Andreas Herkersdorf is a Full Professor and head of the Chair for Integrated Systems at Technical University of Munich. He teaches graduate courses in digital integrated circuit design, the application of System on Chip technology in networking and communications, and Hardware/Software-Codesign.
He joined the IBM Zurich Research Laboratory as a PhD student in 1988. In 1991, he became a Research Staff Member in the Communications Systems department of the IBM Zurich and in 2000 manager of the network processor hardware group.
Andreas Herkersdorf was born in 1961 in Oberstdorf, Germany. He received the Dipl.-Ing. degree from Munich University of Technology in 1987 and the Dr. techn. degree from the ETH Zurich (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology), Switzerland, in 1991, both in electrical engineering.
- Platform-based multi-processor System on Chip (MPSoC) architectures
- Design and prototype development of innovative Hardware IP (Intellectual Property) building blocks
- High-level SoC design space exploration and Autonomic Computing
- 2001: IBM Outstanding Technical Achievement Award
- 1998: IBM Master Inventor
- Vier IBM Innovation Achievement Awards im Zeitraum zwischen 1996 und 2003